Chase The Light

On the subject of what type of photographs to shoot. Some professional photographers narrow them down to a certain idea.

For example, Australian photographer Steve Coleman's passion is to "chase the light". What he does is find beautiful lighting and shoot it to make it last forever. This can be light from a building to sunlight to nightscapes. The light can be a reflection, from direct source, from color to black and white.

I shoot a lot of kids, landscape and colors. I haven't really made a conscious effort to shoot light. Part of the reason is probably because I don't really have much in a way of controlling my camera to shoot the proper light since I'm only using a Canon SD880 which is point and shoot camera.

I have made some effort on shooting light like the side of the house I shot where I shot the light.

This shot came more as a spur of the moment than actually setting it up. I saw this shot outside my window while while I washing some dishes. But it's a good example of chasing the light.

Keep your eyes open and go out and chase the light!

Comments