Videos Shot With A DSLR

When Nikon came out with the Nikon D90 with HD video functionality in a DSLR, a lot of people wondered whether the video is good enough or whether a dedicated video camera is still better. I had the same question as well.

But when I went to Whistler to check out the 2009 Cheese Rolling Festival which you can see from my photoblog site at Photoblog Vancouver. I saw a couple of photographers using their DSLR as video cameras. I even saw on using it to do a video interview. After I saw that, I was convinced that DSLR videos are good enough to use.

I also found some videos online shot using DSLR cameras and there is a movie coming out shot entirely with a DSLR camera. Shot a Nikon DSLR.

Here are some videos I found shot using DSLRs.

This was shot using a Nikon D90.


Shot with Nikon D90 as well.


Here is Chase Jarvis' behind the scenes photoshoot in New Zealand. This was shot with the new Nikon D300s.


This movie called Reverie was supposed to be the first movie shot with a DSLR using Canon 5d Mark II. I don't think it ever came out.


This movie called Gadget is billed as the first movie shot with a DSLR. No trailer yet. Just a poster.

Comments