Photographic Subjects

The challenge with photography is sometimes looking for a subject to photograph. I've been so busy with work lately that sometimes I'm too tired to think what to photograph.

When that happens, I don't think about it, I just shoot.

Here are some photos I took when I had no inspiration in shooting. I just open my eyes and shoot whatever catches my attention.

I took this photo because I found it interesting how the light and shadow fell on the side of the house and how the parallel lines of the sidings added texture to it.

As I was coming home, when I turned the corner to go to the road leading to our house. I suddenly saw these clouds on just one part of the sky. There was no cloud anywhere else and I liked how the sunlight made the top part of the cloud look fluffy.

If you look closely, the big cloud looks like an alligator with its mouth open. At the bottom, if you tilt you head to the right, it looks like the mask from the movie "Scream".

I didn't intentionally tried to shoot this cloud seeing these things. I was just shooting clouds. I saw these images after I downloaded these photos into my computer.

This shot I came upon as I was trying to shoot the Canada Day Parade. The sun was very high and I was having a hard time shooting properly and was getting a bit frustrated with my shots. I looked down and I saw this lady's foot that kind of looked interesting compared to the parade so I took a photo of it.

These photos may not be gallery quality, but they are ways to exercise your eye and creativity.

I hope these samples gives you some inspiration to go out and shoot anything. Please leave some comment and share some samples of what you shoot as well when you're not feeling particularly creative.

Comments