Parts of a camera - modern lens

Here I have my Canon lens. This lens is a kit lens for the Canon 1000F film SLR camera. But like all modern lenses, this is a lot lighter than the Nikon Nikkor lens for my Nikon F3 camera since this one is made out of plastic.

There is no aperture control on the lens itself since his is an electronic lens. The aperture controls are on the camera controlled by the electrical contacts on this camera.
This is a 35 to 80mm zoom lens as well unlike Nikon lens I have. What you do set on the lens is just the zoom. Here I have several photos of what it looks like set at 35mm.

This one is set at 50mm

This one is set at 80mm. Note that the barrel extends at 35mm and at 80mm and it retracts at 50mm. This is due to the design of the interior lenses making them much smaller and lighter.
Here you can see the electrical contacts which connects to the camera. This controls the aperture of the lens and other settings depending on your camera features.

This is the end of of my post on parts of the camera. When I find more cameras I can disassemble, I'll post them here for your viewing.

Comments