Parts of a camera - Inside the camera

In this article, I'm going to show you my Canon 1000F film camera. This is more modern than the Nikon F3. By more modern I mean it was made in the 1980s.

The Canon 1000F is made of plastic, so this camera is almost half as heavy as the Nikon F3. So it's a lot more fun to carry than the Nikon F3.
As you can see, the inside is similar to the Nikon F3. It has a mirror that moves up. The difference is the mount. In this camera, the mount is plastic instead of metal.

In this photo, I'm pointing at the electrical contacts inside the camera. This electrical contact controls the lens. The new canon lenses has autofocus functions as well as auto exposure functions not available in the older Nikon F3. This Canon camera works more like modern DSLRs in form and function. The Canon lens for this camera works with any new Canon DSLR camera.

I've tried the lens on this Canon on a Canon 30D and works perfectly.

In this photo, you can see the pop-up flash. Most entry level DSLRs include a pop-up flash. This Canon camera is similar to a Canon EOS 300D or the Digital Rebel.

I'll show the lens on my next post.

Comments