Party

So I went to a party over the weekend. I borrowed my friend's Canon SX110 IS. I didn't bring my camera as you might already know, I dropped it last week and it's not really in good shape.

Anyway, he had incandescent lighting as well as different lights. Since it was at night, I had trouble adjusting the camera settings being unfamiliar with it.

Sad to say, my shots were not as I hoped it would be. I tried using ISO 800 and it was too grainy. I tried using ISO 400 with flash, but the flash was quite harsh and it left a lot of dark shadows behind my subjects. When I finally figured out how to set the flash (lower power), I forgot to set the ISO to 200 so all my shots came out grainy/noisy.

It's almost embarassing to post them here, this being sort of a my portfolio site, but I'll post them in the "Not that good" gallery for your critique and so you have an example as to why some shots are bad.

These are not necessarily the camera's fault although I did notice that the SX110 IS has some trouble with low light compared to my Canon S50 which is an older camera. But it could be a factor of my not being familiar with the SX110 since I've been able to use the camera once.


I took over 300 photos but only about 20 were deemed "good enough" to share with friends. But none are good enough for a portfolio.

Comments