Taking a better photo part 3

I hope you have learned something about focusing so you can take sharper pictures. Now we go to the part where I would say 90% of camera users forget to do... READ THE MANUAL!

Please please please! Read the manual. Understand how your camera works. Learn the settings, the function, what to adjust. I don't expect you to understand what ISO, Aperture, Shutter or any of those functions yet, I will eventually get to that. But you have to learn what the settings like night shots, sport, portrait or landscape does.

I've been people set things to just full auto (the square setting) or P, which is Program setting without knowing what it's for.

I've seen people push ISO to 400 or higher without knowing why, just because they know that if it's dark, put ISO higher.

There is a time and place to use these settings, but they are not supposed to be lock to that. Read the manual, play around with these settings so you can understand how they work. I'll explain them in more details on my next post.

Of course, if you have a very simple camera like the Canon A470, you don't have all these settings. So either keep it at auto or learn about the ISO settings.

Comments